Friday, 13 February 2009

Reminiscing with Fimo

Did some rooting around earlier in the week looking for some lampwork beads, but discovered some of the amazing creations on Emma Ralph's website. (spooky given they're mine & my OH's names!). She does beautiful lampwork but also some lovely polymer clay beads. So I've decided I'm going to try and make some of my own.

After using Fimo a bit as a kid, I'm hoping to make more grown up beads with a touch of sparkle rather than the garish colours and lopsided ovals that we managed when younger. We'll see tomorrow when I open up the goodies I bought and start experimenting. It's a nice cheap way to try things...if they aren't great I can always make my god-daughter some nice bracelets, if they turn out well it's a bonus and I've got new crafting to continue with. I shall make sure I post some of the pictures up when I sort out my photobucket albums.

1 comment:

  1. Look forward to seeing your new jewellery, its funny you should mention Fimo, we have been playing with some tonight! I have been making small flowers. Good luck & enjoy your re found craft! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete