Saturday, 11 April 2009

Commissioned cards

My best mate Helen always buys a stash of cards off me whenever we catch up, but this time she'd emailed me asking for 30th, 60th birthdays and 2 wedding cards. Made a few examples, then she chose the ones she wanted (thanks to the joys of email/internet photo uploading!). The ones she wanted are here. The 30th is for her brother who's a farmer (I couldn't find any tractor based embellishments so went with the natural green, browns & oranges). I also then had to make another 30th and another wedding card for her based on the same designs. Have just posted the 5 up to her, so hopefully they'll arrive safely.



I've not done much card making for ages, so it was interesting to see what nice supplies I have that I've not yet used. Must get making more to make up for buying all the goodies I have.

I've been doing more jewellery making recently. I used some carnelian butterfly & floral beads with swarovski crytals to make simple necklaces in yellow & red/pink, plus have been using some nice lampwork beads I've bought from ebay. Also have recently bought some really nice beads, so planning on trying some lariats & knotting rather than wire stringing over the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment