Sunday, 21 August 2011

Christening frame present

I think I referred to this crafty make a couple of posts ago, but the christening was today, so hopefully the presents have been opened by now and I can share my make.  It also fits in perfectly with Handmade Monday 30 timings.
I had the frame and decided to use her middle name Rose as a theme with the backing paper and name die cuts.  The fairy was perfect with the flower, and the buttons just finished it off after I'd coloured it in using my favourite promarkers (I just love the effect you can get on wings with the white through to blue tint using the blender - I'm rubbish at colouring in usually, but with promarkers they're failsafe).  A pretty border and the date of her christening around the scalloped circle, and it was finished.  I hope Peggy and her parents like it, and that she'll be able to put it in a keepsake box in years to come.

I'm having a bit of a handmade year really, and hoping that for Christmas I'll be making lots of people's presents rather than buying them...will help towards saving some money once my maternity pay finishes before going back to work, as well as being nice personalised gifts.

Anyway, that's me for handmade Monday, go and check out the link above to find more great blogs and crafters.

15 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Emma and made with love what could be more perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely pressie, I'm sure it will be cherished. I love the fairy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely and I'm sure will be treasured. I think a handmade Christmas is the way to go! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh colouring in... snot fair, I want to do it... mind you I don't think it would look as lovely as your gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pressie. I am at the time where my maternity pay finished and will be back to work soon, enjoy the rest of your maternity leave.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea for a handmade Christmas, I'm hoping to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats lovely, definatly something to cherish. Must get thinking about future handmade pressies.

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A totally gorgeous gift to make and give for a Christening present. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so nice! I love the colours and the theme is just perfect. Well done on a fantastic make.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's very pretty and makes a lovely keepsake.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's very pretty. I always like handmade gifts anyway, they are always special and I hang onto them forever. I love the little buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's exactly the problem when you make something you really love...it's so hard to give it away afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty, love the fairy!

    ReplyDelete