Monday, 15 August 2011

Handmade Monday 29: hen party jewellery workshop

Bizarrely, the hen do I was on this Sunday morning (I couldn't make the rest of the weekend's events) was a crafty jewellery at Amy Surman's shop, which is where my jewellery making started (the hen & I did one of Amy's adult education classes together years ago).  I haven't been back there since their recent refit and it looks lovely.  Plus there were lots of gorgeous new beads.  Unfortunately (or thankfully due to my bank balance) I didn't really have time to have a proper look and buy.

The workshop was beads & wire...I was late due to a mix up on times, so I chose to make a memory wire bracelet as I knew I was running low on these in my stash.  I found a gorgeous midnight bead mix to use, and the below is the result.
I also made a memory wire ring as that's not something I've made before...it worked out quite well, but I won't be making more as they're just too large for most people's fingers.
Anyway, please go and check out Handmade Monday and some of the other blogs on there.

5 comments:

  1. I love that bracelet - gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a hen do. I do like that ring

    ReplyDelete
  3. both are very pretty, love the darker colours in the bracelet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also like the bracelet, the colours are lovely. A great idea for a hen night :o)

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bracelet is very pretty, but I love that you made a ring! And what a fun idea to get together. :)

    ReplyDelete