Sunday, 28 August 2011

Handmade Monday 31: Getting prepared for Christmas

Ok, so it's early (and in fact, a lot earlier than I'd usually plan), but I want to do as handmade as possible this Christmas.  So that means starting now.

Have made a couple of lovely pretty beaded bookmarks for gifts (hopefully the recipients won't see this blog entry!).  These are the first ones I've tried but I'm really happy with them, and so am planning a couple of others for people I know who are partial to good books.


This week I've also been sorting out the photos of my baby that I had printed out.  They're all in an album...I was intending to scrapbook them, but there's so many and it would take too long to do one page let alone 60, that I've just put the photos in the album and have journalled, doodled and decorated around them.  It's not something I've really done before, but I'm enjoying it, and I can keep things quite simple.  I may add some different papers in, as well as some bits of stamping and embellishments, just do it post sticking in the photos. They're all photo cornered, so it's quite easy to scrapbook each once I've a bit more time.

Anyway, feel free to look back to Handmade Monday and see what everyone else has been up to.

11 comments:

  1. Love those, what a great idea. Would be a super present to post abroad, as nice & light, popped in a card with a bit of bubble-wrap! Could go into a 'midnight reader's hamper' too, with a book token, bag of sweets & a torch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bookmarks are lovely - I'm sure anyone would be happy to receive one. I can't see what you're unhappy about but I know I'm the same sometimes. I know how I want something and sometimes have to redo stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great idea and lovely gifts to gift, know they will be well received

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are great and I'm sure they will be treasured. Your baby photo album sounds like a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely bookmark. And what a great idea to decorate your baby's album. all of my Bebe 's photo are still on the computer... I better get them sorted too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so pretty. You are really organised getting ready for Christmas - says she with an advent calender up already! I really like Adaliza's idea too - gives me a Christmas idea already!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These bookmarks are so cool! I love especially the 1st one with white beads :) Good book, stylish bookmark, could I wish more? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just what I was thinking Adaliza. A book nightlight/torch, the bookmark and maybe a book token if funds stretch. Would love to receive that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bookmarks - well done on being so organised that you've started work on your Christmas stock already!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bookmarks are gorgeous! a lovely, thoughtful handmade gift!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The bookmarks are rather stylish... and just great to slip into a Christmas stocking.

    ReplyDelete