Monday, 1 August 2011

Stocking chaos on Handmade Monday

It's a handmade monday again, and am actually managing to take part for once.  It's been such a lovely day, we've been out at our usual mums & babies Monday catch ups, but I've managed to start making Nathaniel's Christmas stocking.  Yes, it's early, but I've got lots of other things to catch up on, plus if it goes wrong, there's plenty of time to redo it.

Mind you, it took a while to get organised and find the felt colour I wanted.  The plan is to do the burgundy red felt with some lining,  Then applique on some Christmas trees with some embroidery decorations...it's been a long time since school when I did some embroidery, so I may be looking up some online support groups to give me some ideas & tips.  I'd also like to stitch on Nathaniel's name, but we'll see how much space I've got.


I do need to get hold of some Christmassy fabric (ideally with some trees or stockings on) to make a top cuff for it.  Our 2 local fabric stores are slightly lacking in funky fabric, so I've found some brilliant bundles on Emma's Fabric Studio, so may have to invest in a couple of fabrics.  I can always make some tree decorations if I have leftovers.

I'm hoping tomorrow to get making some jewellery as have sold 5 bracelets from my good for you range, so need to make some more stock ready in advance of my flyers potentially going into our local NCT nearly new sale goody bags...so much to do before then, but really hope I get some jewellery parties out of it.

6 comments:

  1. OMG, Christmas stuff - and I thought I was early making Halloween things! (Although I must admit that I have made a start on some Christmas designs to sell too!)

    And I'm your newest follower too...

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK - I confess, I have already started Xmas planning and have a Christmas Angel part made. Our local fabric shop just got the first part of their Christmas delivery on Friday...

    Bet the stocking will look fab when you finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray! I love seeing Christmas bits - makes me feel less guilty about planning for it too! Love the shade of red you've used for the stocking. Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once it's finished this will be used every year and become part of your son's Christmas memories. It'll be fab when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh Wendy, that's exactly why I wanted to make one. My mum made mine & my brothers when we were young, and they would still be going strong if we were still at home!
    Hi to my new followers too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. More and more of you are beginning to mention the dreaded 'C' word. I made stockings for both my boys last year, after having mislaid (lost)their usual ones. Thinking they wouldn't be bothered I was amazed when my 13 year old gave me a real hard time about how important a stocking is. So Nathaniel is sure to treasure his, - a lovely family keepsake. Love the colour combo of the beads on your previous post

    ReplyDelete