Sunday, 11 September 2011

Last minute wedding necklace

We went to a wedding yesterday, and needless to say at the last minute we were running around sorting things out.  Of course, the OH hadn't unpacked his new tie, suit or made sure his shirt was ironed so I was trying to get that sorted out, plus getting our baby over to his babysitter with plenty of time left to get make up on and get dressed up myself.

Having said that, first thing that morning I remembered I needed to finish off my wedding outfit with a necklace, so was rooting through my supplies for some suitable beads.  I found some lovely peachy coloured potato pearls and had just enough to make a drop necklace.  Didn't quite have enough for some earrings unfortunately, but in the end it was all too much of a rush to get out of the house and I ended up going out in my boring gold studs I wear day to day.

Here's the necklace I made.  Really simple, but I'm a bit of a pearl fan at the moment as I just love the metallicy colours.


Anyway, it's Handmade Monday 33 today, so please also check out the other blogs taking part.

14 comments:

  1. The great thing about stringing is that you can make pieces very quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look lovely - the metallic colours are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Potato pearls?! I bet you got lots of nice comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty design, lovely colours. Hope you enjoyed the wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this one. So many pearls around this summer, Its nice to see something unique made from them.
    Beautiful darl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, pearls are always so elegant and classy, well done in all that rush

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done - it is lovely. Very snazzy.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I can't believe you could make that up quickly, it's just lovely! I adore the color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!! looks gorgeous :o) I have a thing for pearls too at the mo!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can imagine you at the wedding saying, "Oh yes, just something I knocked up before we left this morning!" It is just delightful, clever you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the drop pearls idea. Very classy. Hope you managed to enjoy the Wedding after all the rushing around. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Never heard of potato pearls but I love it that it is not graduated and 'samey' I hope this makes sense!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love pearls too. Lovely design very elegant.

    ReplyDelete