Sunday, 30 October 2011

Decorations galore: Handmade Monday 40

I've finally got a bit excited and inspired to make some other types of Christmas decorations.  I've made them initially for our tree (hence the purple & silver theme), but am planning to upload them to my facebook page to make them available to order according to colour theme.

Firstly I made the icicle one - love this one as it's so simple but effective.  I've got some similar decorations already, so like the idea of this one fitting right in.  I may even make quite a few and hang them off a garland hanging above the fire place.
I've also made a 'wreath'.  I should have added a bow at the top, and the ribbon doesn't quite match, but this is really cute.  It's quite heavy, so I hope my tree branch won't wilt with it hanging off.
My third Christmassy sample were some wine charms.  I've wanted to make some of these for a while (planning on doing a couple of sets for gifts for friends) but have only just tracked down my charms and found some time to get a tray of supplies set out for easy and quick access & use.  I think I may use these as a raffle prize at a Christmas bazaar I have a table at...that's if I don't decide to keep them myself.
That's it from me today, although I am in the process of adding more new items to my website.  Do go and check out what everyone else has been up to in Handmade Monday.

15 comments:

  1. They are all lovely, but think the wine charms are my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all gorgeous but I do love that icicle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your decorations especially the wreath. I've made some wine glass charms too for my website - I think they are nice especially Christmas time. Mich :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they're lovely, the icicle would look great on my christmas tree as i've got a silver and purple theme too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the icicle, it's very creative. I am out of the ornament buying years now, I have so many, but I still love looking at them. Well, at least I try to resist since I have so many and don't even get them all out any more. OK, really. At least that's what I tell my husband. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm voting for the icicle too! But they are all lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely idea - hands up to liking the icicle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The icicle is a lovely idea I can just see them cathcing the light above a fire place and those wine charms are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the charms - I'm sure they will be a real success as a raffle prize :-)

    Must get organised for Christmas like you!

    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the items in your post and can imagine that the first ones would look beautiful on a tree.

    The wine glass charms are wonderful.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty and delicate decorations, lucky person who wins the charms!
    jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like them all but I like the icicle one best, I can imagine it sparkling in the twinkling lights on the tree.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The icicle decoration is my favourite too, but they are all lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Been oooooo ing and ar ing all the way down the page. Gorgeous makes. Love them all. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete