Sunday, 2 October 2011

Handmade Monday 36: Christmas decoration number 1

Missed handmade monday last week as I'd spent a lot of time sorting out my new website, so no time for any new craftings.  However, I'm back on the crafting again now.

This week, I've completed one of my day zero project tasks: make a Christmas decoration every year.  2011 is now complete, although I'm not sure whether it needs a drop/charm in the centre.

This reminds me of a gyroscope (?sp?).  Large beaded circle, with another smaller one inside which can move around.  My tree is themed purple & silver, so I've used gorgeous purple miracle beads and silver stardust beads.  It's got a coil loop at the top so will hang it off some organza ribbon I think.  Am pretty pleased with my first decoration, although have got a few more ideas for different craft techniques for my next ones to make.

Have also started on some makes for secret santas, and other ideas I've thought about, but need to get them finished before I upload them, so maybe next week.

Do check out the other crafters taking part in Handmade Monday here.

12 comments:

  1. It will look gorgeous with some organza ribbon. It made me think of a gyroscope too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it - its in my favourite colour too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty decoration - so stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful! love the purple-silver colour combination! you HAVE TO show us all your lovely purple christmassy decorations!!! keep up the good work x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty - lovely colours. Like the sound of your Christmas tree colours too.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty and will look amazing on your colour-themed tree. A sparkly crystal in the centre would look great too (can't resist a bit of sparkle!)

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all. Just need to think of some different decoration ideas for the future. I do like sparkle & crystals, so maybe some angels or 'icicles' would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so pretty! Years ago I started a tradition of getting an ornament for each of my boys and I still do it. Some years I made one but most I bought something. Wish I had made one every year, but I wasn't that crafty and I didn't always have time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute and cool. Would look lovely on my tree... when I get my new tree. Homemade decs are the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The purple and silver themed tree sounds lovely, I'd bet it looks lovely too.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete