Monday, 17 October 2011

Handmade Monday 38: decopatch

I have been meaning for ages to try some decopatch, but haven't got round to it.  However, I had a secret santa gift to put together, saw a bangle idea in a magazine and decided that it would be a great gift to try and make.

I had some bangles that I never got round to wearing so sanded the surface slightly, added the glue and then the paper, a bit of varnish over the top and there we have it.  Tried a few different size bangles and 2 different japanese papers.  It's surprising how simple it is to do and how effective.
I'm definitely going to get some more papers and make some more of these.  I think they may do quite well as entry price gifts at fetes, especially school ones where often the children/teens don't want to pay lots of money for beaded jewellery.  I can do these in different sizes as well.

This is my handmade monday post for this week, so do go and check out the other blogs on here.

10 comments:

  1. They are lovely! And what a fab way to recycle old bangles x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great, it's a really good idea to have a few of these in different colours to match outfits. Lovely.

    Jan :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! I don't know what I would do without Mod Podge! :) And of course I think my middle name is recycle...hehehe You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I've learned something new 'decopatch'. Now stored and filed away to be used at a later date. These look lovely, the possibilities are limitless and I agree with Wendy, breathing new life into an old favourite great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bangles are great! And of course the patterns/colour combinations are endless Mich :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, love the blue bracelet, they are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really georgeous - yes make more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey thanks for the comment Emma but don't worry you can always make another one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea the bangles look fun to wear.

    ReplyDelete