Sunday, 6 November 2011

Handmade Monday 41: purples & teals

I love the colours purple & teal.  I had a lovely necklace that someone bought for me that always got tangled up when I wore it, so decided I was going to take the beads and upcycle them combining them with other beads in my collection.  Here's the output.
I added potato pearls, a couple of teal & purple purples, the silver flower, coin and bead cages.  I made it so it's overhead and is in three sections of beads, which means it can be worn with each section at the bottom (or side) meaning it's like a three-way necklace.  Not sure I want to sell this one on so may keep it myself.

Have been quite productive over the last few days as well just building up some stock to replace sold items, so I'll have plenty available to sell at the Christmas bazaar in December.

That's it for me for Handmade Monday.  You can check out what everyone else has made here.

14 comments:

  1. I really do love this a lot, especially the flower. I think I would keep it too, this would be hard to part with. Awesome that you could turn it into something so beautiful and wearable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely necklace - I like how you put two large objects in the necklace so you have two focus points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely piece, the colours work well together and the flower is funky

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great, really original and the colours work well together. I'm loving the flower too! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours reminds me of the sea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely necklace - love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why you want to keep it, and I've never heard of potato pearls, what a great name, very descriptive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a lovely necklace, the colours go so well together and I love the idea of having more than one focal point, a great idea.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's great to be able to produce something from what others might view as only suitable for 'passing on'. That's one of the joys of being creative, the ability to always see something else that can be made. It is lovely - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are some of the colours I love best. I can see what you mean about it being a 3 way design. I wouldn't want to part with it either.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty necklace, like the idea of several sections, to wear long or short.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful necklace - love the colours and clever esign. How can you bear to part with it!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely - i don't think I would have thought of mixing purple and teal but it works really well

    ReplyDelete