So i decided to try and make a wreath. The hardest part was finding a frame (we seemed to have no wire coathangers to use). In hindsight I should have paid the extra and got hold of a moss-type frame, but instead eventually found a wire circular wreath frame.
As well as the holly (I used 24gauge craft wire to attach), I had some silver fir cones and coloured bells which I filled in some gaps. Then hung it over the door using one of those brilliant hangers (discount shops rule!). I'm really pleased with it for a first attempt...looks great from a distance, although there's a lot of gaps and wire showing up close.
I have to say I don't think I'll make another one in the future - shredded my hands far too much, and I'm not sure how long it will last.
Check out the other Handmade Monday posts here, the last until the new year.