Thursday, 1 December 2011

Ooh gemstone beads

I love beads.  Just the thought of the colours and textures, different sizes and glittery nature of them just makes me smile.  Going into a bead shop, I'm like a child in a sweet shop which isn't great for the budget.  Just buying a few can really add up, especially if you don't buy to order and just like to browse and buy what you fancy (the latter being me!).

Near me there's very few, if any beadshops (my nearest one's over an hour round trip), so I have to make do with the internet.  That's fine, although it's always a shame when you get mixed up with the size of beads even though you think you've double checked what size you want to order.

The last couple of days I've ordered quite a few new gemstone beads as I wanted to try some other beads.  Here are most of the gorgeous strands...yummy
I've already got quite a few ideas of necklaces I want to make, I just don't really have the time to do it all.  Hopefully I'll get a couple made at least in the next week and then uploaded to the website if they don't sell at the bazaar.

I've also finished my raffle prize.  I was planning on putting in my Christmas wine charms, but have given them to a friend for Christmas, so decided that as it was a daytime bazaar and there may be children buying raffle tickets it might be more appropriate to have some jewellery.  So have done a sweetie style charm bracelet with a gorgeous Swarovski star on it.  Really simple, and not a bracelet base I'd usually use, but thought it should work for children, teens & adults alike.

2 comments:

  1. I can only begin to imagine how excited you must get when you receive onwe of your bead parcels through the post:)Your bracelet is lovely, clean and simple

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're just like me then... I'll have one of those, five of those, a strand of those... then weep when you see how much you've spent when you have no orders for anything like them.
    I have bags of the things at the moment and not enough inspiration to go round.

    Remember to post the pics of your necklaces when they are done!

    ReplyDelete